Pelvic Support Disorders
Many women’s pelvic organs change as they age. The pelvic tissues and ligaments may become weak as a result of age, pregnancy or childbirth. This may cause organs to slip out of place – for example, a uterine prolapse occurs when the tissues and ligaments surrounding the uterus are weakened, causing the uterus to slide down into the vagina.
Women’s Health & Laser Aesthetic Center provides diagnosis and treatment of pelvic support disorders.
- Feeling of pelvic heaviness or as though something is falling out
- Pulling or aching feeling in the lower abdomen or pelvis
- Leakage of urine or problems having a bowel movement
Types of Pelvic Support Disorders
- Cystocele – bladder prolapse
- Rectocele – rectum prolapse
- Uterine prolapse
- Vaginal vault prolapse
- Kegel and pelvic floor exercises
- Medical therapy
- Support devices (pessaries)
- Surgical repair if needed
Call the Women’s Health & Laser Aesthetic Center at (952) 831-2828 to schedule an appointment in our Bloomington, MN office.